Sunday, January 11, 2009

Inspired!

Friday night was an adventure! For starters, Kimberly got a black eye in Kmart from the clothes rack...of course from doing what I just warned her not to do (running thru the clothes racks.) Then, we ate dinner at the new Wendy's (not realizing it opened 2 days ago) and had to wait in line forever, behind 17 teenagers, to get our food. This is not an easy feat when you have a wiggling 12 month old in your arms, a 4 year old crying from her new boo boo and reminding you every 5 secs. which special toy she would like in her kid's meal, and an 8 year old who is bored to tears. Thankfully, we got thru the line fairly unscathed and were able to eat a peaceful meal. We took some Greater's ice cream to my SIL Tina, who is recovering from surgery. She is doing better than expected! The kids were so excited to get some face time in with their cousins Samantha, Megan, and Addison.

Saturday, we celebrated my nephew Colin's 4th birthday! He looked so cute and handsome in dark jeans and a navy plaid button-down shirt, like a little man! My SIL Dana made the yummiest little treats instead of a traditional cake! She took yellow cake mixed it with icing, rolled it into a ball, dipped it in white and milk chocolate, and let it dry. It was phenomenal, so rich and delicious! They were bite-size, which made them so dangerous, becuase you could just keep popping them in your mouth. Lexus played her 2nd indoor game. On the plus side, no head injuries this week, but unfortunately they lost the game.

I was so inspired when I read my SIL's blog (Dana's Dabbling Studio) and saw the totally creative and adoreable organizer box she made for all her cards. I knew right away I had to have one! I borrowed the Papertrey stamp set "Mixed Messages" from her so I could create the same headings for my divider cards. I am really pleased with how it came out. I took several pics of it, but if you want to make your own - visit Dana's Dabbling Studio for more in depth pics and directions. Scroll down and the heading is Altered Box For Card Storage. I was also really psyched about this project, becausde it gave me another excuse to use my new Cuttlebug my parents got me for Christmas!




The girls and I had a card making party this morning at the dining room table, here are some pics of their fabulous cards!



Here are the cards I created after I made the storage box...



Plus, here are some pics from Kimberly's Grandparents Tea at Wise Owl before Christmas and Randy with the kids.







Photobucket

2 comments:

Abby said...

Please tell your good friend, Abby, where you get the time to work full time, blog, make adorable cards, make adorable card HOLDERS, and be a mom and wife?! You're AWESOME!!!!

Unknown said...

Carrie-

That looks awesome!!! I also really really like your cards too. I can't wait for scrappin' night (and our pedicures)!