Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1 + 3 = 4 chickens!

What a nice relaxing Labor Day weekend! Friday, we watched the Bluebirds win over Beechwood. Just like any Saturday for the next 6 weeks, soccer games for the girls filled most of our day. I was happy to finally have a craft night with my girlfriends and get my Halloween cards finished. I am now ready to start on my Christmas cards. YES, I did say the word Christmas in September, but hey those cards don't make themselves overnight. I don't even want to imagine the nightmare of trying to make them in November or December. Randy and Scott took the kids to Cirque Devou while Dana and I crafted to our hearts content. Unfortunatly, Lexus came home running a fever and comlaining of a sore throat. Sunday, Randy and Austin took a nature walk in the woods and found some deer. We watched the WEBN fireworks on TV; hoping to take the girls to the real deal next year.



Monday, we went to the Alexandria Fair Grounds for the chicken rodeo. The girls had a blast chasing (carrying) the chickens across the finish line. Kimberly caught two chickens. The first was a white rooster we returned. The second was a charcoal silkie who is the newest member of our chicken family. We are happy to introduce SPICE to you all.










No comments: