Monday, June 6, 2011

Cakes, Cakes, & More Cakes


***FYI*** - For my regular blog viewers, this is a post of cakes I have made in the past and am posting for a Cake Demo Class I am giving in July. Since most of you have already seen these cakes, you can skip this post ;-)

Hello ;-) to anyone who is here for the Cake/Icing Demostration class and visiting to check out some of the cakes I have made over the years. I do not profess to be a cake genius or know everything about cakes. But they have been a FUN hobby of mine and another creative outlet for me. I am self taught in all that I know how to do, I watch lots of cake decorating shows, buy cake magazines/books, and use the internet a ton in learning techniques and finding inspiration.

This is not a total collection of all the cakes I have made, but a good sampling of things I have done over the years. I also showed the progression of my cake skills in these pics from "Oh my God, my 3-year old could do a better job" to "WOW! That could pass for a professional cake (from a distance)". I do hope one day to be able to produce professional looking cakes, but I think I do a pretty good job for an amatuer! I hope you enjoy them and can't wait to inspire you to start making your own FABULOUS cakes!

Character shapped pans are perfect for beginners, the pan does all the work you just follow the lines.


Not my best work by far, but a good pic of simple flowers to make.



Your cake skills apply to cookies, cupcakes, cake balls, etc....






Wilton makes a animal head shaped pan which you turn into just about any animal, definetly a pan you will use again and again.




Ice cream cones make great princess castle towers!


Don't be afraid to try something new or get creative, those turn out to bethe best cakes!




Candy wears many differnt hats when I am making cakes.

For example, that adorable white steam coming out of the funnel is a bunch of lollipops covered in icing.
  



There is that same Wilton cake pan...told ya!


Don't be afraid to use your kids toys as seen here and on the Toy Story cake below.

 We threw a roller skating birthday party for our two girls last summer, so of course I had to find a cake pan to match. I personalized the skate to match the girl and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way they turned out. If you look closely the wheels are actually plastic CD cake decorations. Always have to think outside the box!






Made for my family for Christmas this past year, soooo darling don't ya think?


What a suprise when they cut into the cake!

I am still learning new things all the time and I am really excited to share all I know with you in July!!!

No comments: