Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Austin!!!

Before we celebrate Austin, I need to ask everyone to keep my Grandpa Jack Grothaus in your prayers! He had a mini-stroke this morning and has lost his speech. He is at St. Luke Hospital in Ft. Thomas and will stay there till Sun. or Mon. for testing and observation. Pray for his speedy recovery, thank you!

Austin turned 6 months old on June 19th, 2008!!! He went to see Dr. Pappas on Friday for his 6 month check-up. Austin weighs 17 lbs. 12 oz. (55th percentile) and is 26 1/2 in. long. Everything checked out ok and Dr. Pappas said he could see Austin's gums getting ready for teeth to come in. Austin has to take fluoride drops because he is breastfed and doesn't get enough tap water in his diet yet. He has to continue taking vitamin drops as well to up his iron. Unfortunately, he did get 5 immunizations (1 oral dose, 4 shots), I hate this part because I have to hold him while they do it :( Below is his 4 colorful band-aids on his shots. On a happier note, Austin can finely start stage one baby food and rice cereal!!! His first food was sweet potatoes...he ate every last drop!





We took the kids to the Starlite Drive-in movie in Amelia last night to see "Wall-E", it was so cute. I recommend the movie and the drive-in, the second movie was "Get Smart" but we didn't stay to watch it. We all had a blast, it is one of our favorite things to do in the summer and fall. Below is the grandkids picture Dana and I had taken a few weeks ago, aren't they the cutest!!!

No comments: