Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snowday #2

Today was snow day #2 and I already got the phone call that tomorrow is snow day #3!!! (Extended weekend) Lexus and Kimberly do not like it at all. They want to know why Mommy's school is off, but they have to go to school for the whole day. I tried to explain about schools with buses and country roads, but they still thought it was unfair. I tried to shed some light on the positive side…they will get out earlier in the summer. Yesterday, the kids went out and played in the tiny amount of snow in the back yard. They want sooooo badly just to have one good snow day and I can't blame them. I think all kids need a good dose of sled riding, snow men, making snow angels, and snowball fights each winter.


Everyone seemed to outgrow their snow gear this year. We replaced snow suits, gloves, hats, and snow boots. I almost choked at Payless when they lady told me the total for 3 pairs of kid's snow boots…IT WAS CRIMINAL!!! But, what kind of Momma would I be if I let my babies' toes get cold. They were itching for Randy to get home and take them sled riding tonight…I just LOVE seeing them all bundled up like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man! We have a killer hill to sled down right by our house. Kimberly made five snowmen in the yard, one for each of us. I finally took down the inside x-mas decorations (yes, I was procrastinating, but I finally found the motivation tonight).


We are soooo psyched about the Bengals being in the playoffs this year! They are even favored to win on Saturday, can you believe that? I really hope they win; it has been soooo much fun watching them play this season. We LOVE the Cardiac Cats! GO BENGALS!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for you! I'm sure you got a lot of quality time with Austin. We must have gotten a different kind of snow than you. Ours would not stick together for anything making it impossible to build a snowman. Colin and I did have fun playing soccer in the snow.