Wednesday, February 3, 2010

DRIP, DRIP, DRIP!

I finally have pics of my new BB (bulletin board) at school. I thought it would be fun to tie the 2010 Winter Olympics into the BB this month. The Olympics excite and inspire adults and kids alike. We are reading several books centered around the Olympics and sports/athletes this month. I also included a pic of my "Rockstar Readers" reward system and my slightly adapted Dr. Seuss' saying. The photo looks awkward because I had to cut/paste it together from 3 separate photos. I believe kids need a creative & colorful atmosphere to learn in and inspire them; let it never be said my room is dull and boring!





I am super excited to be having dinner with two of my girl friends from NKU this Friday! It will be soooo fabulous to catch up with each other over dinner and a few cocktails (sans kids & hubby). Can't wait Heather & Abby!!! Speaking of girl time, last Friday was our monthly craft night at my friend Katie's house. I just HEART me some paper crafting!!! I made Valentine's for the girl's teachers and several anniversary cards. We got to play around with her Cricut (two words…SUPER COOL). I wish I had the money, space, and time to have one of my own (a girl can wish can't she J) But I am most excited about our CRAFT SWAP next month! Over the years of scrapping and card making I have amassed a lot of supplies. Definitely more than I can use and some I will never use, so we are bringing anything we would like to give away and having a free swap. Double bonus: get rid of unwanted supplies and get new FREE supplies I LOVE!




DRIP! DRIP! DRIP! ...Goes our bathroom faucet. Or least it did until today. A special thanks to my dad for turning the water off and coming tomorrow to stop the DRIP, DRIP, DRIP. How can such a barely audible noise drive you mad??? Or at least highly annoy you every time you go in the bathroom??? I finely started putting a washcloth in the sink; not to absorb the water, but absorb the sound.

Kimberly is the ALL-STAR student this week at school. She got to take in several photos of the family and share her favorite stuffed animal. She gets to be teacher's helper and sit in a special desk.

No comments: