Friday, October 22, 2010

Collections

At some point in time everyone has had a collection of something...spoons, coins, rocks, etc... I have an extensive bell collection that my parents started for me and my husband has continued to build with his worldly travels. But my favorite new collection is SCARFS!!!

They are the perfect accessory as the weather takes a dip into the lower numbers on the thermometer. Being someone who is forever cold (even in the summer sometimes) scarfs seem to instantly warm my body when added to an outfit. Another bonus - they can add color to a lackluster wardrobe. You know what I mean if your closet contains 75% - 100% black/grey/brown clothes. I am soooo guilty of this for several reasons - 1. black always makes you look skinnier (duh! that's a no-brainer) 2. I am afraid of wearing a lot of colors unless they are in accessory form 3. Black/grey/brown go with EVERYTHING and look good on EVERYBODY, you can't screw it up. So I am taking "baby steps" to incorporate more color into my wardrobe and be more colorful. Scarfs allow me to do this; maybe next year I will try it with shirts/sweaters (or the year after that, like I said "baby steps"!) My newest favorite scarves are the ones below; I got the red one (original price $40) for $13 and I took the one of the mannequin (last one!).


P.S. We are now back to 3 chickens. Spice turned out to be a rooster (really loud one)plus a bully and took a trip to that big farm in the sky if you know what I mean. Peace and tranquility have once again returned to our chicken coop!

No comments: