Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bloggin' Away

I feel like I haven't been blogging a lot lately, but I know it is just beginning of many blogs to come over the next few weeks as school and other activities wind down. I have a couple projects on my plate that I am excited about. First, I am painting a tree on canvas for Mrs. G's retirement gift from K's class. We will paint the kid's thumbs and have them leave their thumbprints on the painting as the leaves. I will write each child's name by their thumbprints.
Second, we are throwing a retirement party for Mrs. G too! So I am painting the party banner.
Third, I am painting terracotta pots with chalkboard paint for Austin's teachers. I will put a bow around the pot with flowers in it and in chalk write "Thanks for helping me grow!"
As well as making little matching "Thanks You" tags to go with the fun containers we will fill with cake balls for Lexus' teachers

Fourth, making Kimberly's thank you letters for 1st Communion.
Kimberly's thank you notes for 1st Communion
 Austin, his teachers and his classmates took a bus ride Thursday to the park for a picnic and some fun time at the playground. He told me they sang "Wheels on the Bus" to the bus driver and he sat in the back next to his friend Brody. He also said every time the bus stopped, it shook and gave him a back massage...haha!

Austin and Thomas

Enjoying his packed lunch

 Kimberly brought home her Art portfolio yesterday, I just love the vase and flower painting/oil pastels drawing below!
 This is how Kimberly watches her sister's soccer game...that is her satin sleeping mask she just happened to have in her purse. Ya know, just in case she needed to get some beauty rest...hee hee!

Randy is now training Bella to be a Certified Therapy Dog. When she is officially certified she will be able to visit places like Children's Hospital, Carmel Manor, etc... to cheer up kids/adults who are sick, unable to care for themselves on their own. She will also be able to participate in programs like Read to a Dog at the library. We had a training session in the backyard last week using the kids as distractions for her to overcome.



Some cards I made at craft night with my girlfriends... Don't you just love the new $1.00 stamp I got that says "hello friend."



No comments: