


We (really I am) are trying to venture out more with cooking. We are tired of the same old...same old for dinner. I am consulting Rachel Rae (who rocks in the kitchen) and www.foodnetwork.com for ideas. I love Rachel because things always seem like "I can do that" and with Food Network all you have to do is type in "fish" and you get thousands of recipes. Plus, the recipes are labeled: easy, intermediate, and hard. So, the other day I made "fish in a sack" from Rachel Rae. You bake veggies, fish, and sauce in parchment packets and voila! - dinner in a sack! Randy and I liked it, although Randy said it had too much garlic. As if there is such a thing! The girls didn't come out and say they hated it, they just gave us the old standby "I'm not hungry" which really means "there is no way I am eating that gross stuff". If anyone has some really good recipes to share, we love to try them...hint! hint! Tonight, we are having another Rachel Rae recipe for fish where you dunk it in a mixture of buttermilk and egg and fry it...sounds delicious, but then everything fried sounds delicious! Except fried pickles!
Here are some pics Dad sent me of the kids getting their faces painted at Stricker's Grove!
So, finally onto the upcoming fun I hinted about in the title of this post. Saturday, we are headed to RECCA Roller Rink to hokey pokey, limbo, chicken dance, and have a great time skating at my niece Natalie's birthday party. Kimberly can't wait to show off her new skates to all the Ossege cousins.
Now for the BIG fun, Sunday, we are going back to Great Wolf Lodge with Mom, Dad, and Steph...YEAH!!!!!! Everyone is so excited to go back and enjoy the waterpark. This time we can visit the outside waterpark and finish the Magi Quest adventures we started last time. The girls are so excited to show Mom, Dad, and Steph everything there. I hope to have pics about all our fun posted by next Tuesday. Plus, as soon as I figure out how (Dana help!) I will post a video of Kimberly dancing to her songs!

No comments:
Post a Comment