Lexus went to Children's Outpatient Center yesterday in Edgewood to have a full eye exam, since she failed the one at school. She was diagnosed as near-sighted and will be getting glasses tonight. She has 20/150 in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye. We were told it will progressively get worse until it settles in. She will need yearly eye exams from here on out. The doctor was suprised at how severe her eyes were considering neither Randy or I have glasses. They normally don't give kids glasses at this age unless it is severe enough...Lexus was. She has been having trouble seeing the smart board since the beginning ofthe school year. She can't even read the words on the TV from across the living room. She will not need to wear them all the time, only when she needs to see something far away. With her new glasses on, her vision will be 20/20. Still waiting to hear back from the doc for me, will keep you posted.
Happy Thursday!
1 comment:
Awh, I'm sorry Lexus will need glasses but i bet she will pick out a pair that make her to look super cute! I got my glasses in 5th grade and was less than thrilled. My eyes are 20/250 and 20/275 so I can totally relate to her site problems. She will be amazed how much better things look with 20/20 vision! Can't wait to see her new frames ;O)
Post a Comment