Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chicks In The City

The chicks look as fluffy as clouds this morning. They are still nestled inside the incubator. We will move them to their home in the basement around 3:00 p.m. Today was the original hatch date, so there is still a chance more eggs will hatch in the next couple days. It sounds a little sick, but for the first few days the chicks will eat the yolk of a hardboiled egg. Then a medicated chick food, so we don't have to take them to the vet for shots. In a month, we can move them outside to the chicken coop to live in style.

We are just so happy we were successful in our first hatching! I admit, Randy did a lot of research on the Silkies and deserves the credit for our successful hatching. I just turned the eggs.

I will post more pics of the chicks when we remove them from the incubator!

No comments: