It was sooooo hot today! Time to kick on the old AC, don't ya think. Summer is here and we kicked it off right on friday night. We had a bonfire at the neighbors house. This is one of our favorite things to do as a family. Just a great way to enjoy good company, good food (smores, hotdogs, roasted marshmallows), and an occasional adult beverage.

Austin got his 2nd haircut on Saturday. This time it was a real haircut from my sil Ann, not the pathetic trim job Randy and I did the first time. I wanted to cry as our lil' boy started to look like a lil' man as she layered and cut away the baby hair. I know the "mop" look he was sporting was hideous, but he still looked like my baby with it. I know I have to get over this, since he will require haircuts regularly every six weeks. Ahhh! The differences between girls and boys.
Yesterday, we finally got to see my cousin Katie's new baby Eli! He is soooo

adoreable at 8 weeks old! We drove up to visit and see their house for the first time. Lexus and Kimberly really liked holding Eli, Austin kept giving him love-pats on the head. Austin was also infatuated with one of their two dogs...Ralphie. They have the coolest park several blocks from their house. It had water features, a playground, sandbox with water, and tennis/basketball courts. the playground equipment was like nothing we'd seen before, very creative.
We are having a yard sale this Saturday from 8-12...so spread the word!!! Lots of baby items, baby clothes, and maternity clothes for sale as well as the usual yard sale items.
T-minus 2 and counting!!!The eggs are schedule to hatch on Thursday! I am hoping to post a video or two of them hatching. The full process takes 12 hours, but I will just shoot the highlights. I know I am behind on the egg updates, so here what has been happening...
16th day - As the head moves to under the right wing, it settles done at a position good for hatching,
18th Day - The amount of amniotic fluid decreases and the chick prepares for hatching.
19th Day - The air chamber becomes much bigger and the yolk is settled in the body. The bill is held out toward the air chamber and lung breathing starts.
No comments:
Post a Comment