3 whole weeks of nothing…bet you thought we dropped off the planet! We're still here; just been busy getting back into fall routines. The beginning of the school year always brings much needed chaos and order to our household…does that make sense??? Extra-curricular activities are filling our once care-free schedule and we are all getting a good dose of structure/schedules to make the days fly by. We've spent some free time at the park, on bike rides, fixing things around the house etc… Did I mention…Saving our dining room ceiling and chandelier after Austin flooded our bathroom! We had water running out of the chandelier onto the dining room table. Granted most of the ceiling damage was an underlying problem from the tub enclosure never being installed properly in the first place, but we didn't need the great flood of '09 to set us into action to fix it. If you've heard us talk about Austin lately, I don't dare think of what trouble he will get into next.
Lexus played a phenomenal game of soccer yesterday; even scoring two goals for her team. She scored a goal last week as well. She has really been a joy to watch this season. In just two seasons, her new coaches have really invested their time in helping her become a more confident and skilled player. We can't thank them enough. We have a new soccer player in the family…KIMBERLY! She had her first soccer game today and so fun to watch. She plays what we refer to as "bumblebee soccer" because the kids run around in one big clump chasing the ball like a swarm of bees…actually pretty funny to watch. They play 4 ten minute quarters. She started out just chasing the swarm, but with each quarter was able to touch the ball more and by the end of the game dribble the ball to the net. (almost scoring two goals).Both of the girl's teams won their games!
Last night, Jamee and I helped our friend (& neighbor) Sue celebrate her upcoming wedding at her bachelorette party. We can't wait to share in their special day only 2 weeks away! I made a card for my friend Katie who is having a baby boy any day now. It has been so long since I have made a card or felt even the least bit creative. I admit I lost the desire to scrapbook/make cards/be creative after we learned of Lexus' diagnose this summer. Just like Randy, my mind was consumed with my child, her health, the present, the future for a whole month with no answers in sight. It was the most horrible feeling in the world as my child looked at me for answers that I didn't have, for the first time in her life I wasn't able to make it all better, I couldn't protect her from this…I felt helpless! Watching her rebound from this, starting 4th grade with gusto, tackling each day with a smile, has brought happiness and desire to bring that happiness to others in my life. Life is full of defining moments that remind us of what is really important…FAMILY! I hope I have been able to achieve that (even if just a little bit) with this blog…sharing our family and the special moments no matter how small with all of you!


No comments:
Post a Comment