Sunday, October 25, 2009

Jack’s Back! (Jack O’ Lantern)

After my first week subbing in the 5th grade, I was ready for the weekend! Not that the kids were all that bad. It was just a tad stressful trying to manage their chaotic schedule and figure out all I am required to do for the next 6 weeks after only having a ten minute intro from the teacher before she left. But after a fun filled weekend, I am ready to tackle the week ahead, which includes two fieldtrips (symphony and ice skating). Friday night was a quiet one at the old homestead. Saturday, I joined my SIL Ann and MIL Mrs. O on our annual shopping Ossege girls' shopping trip to Jeffersonville. We did miss everyone who couldn't attend! I just love going to the outlets and getting quality clothes for a fraction of the price. I esp. LOVE Carter's PJ's. Lexus attended the play "Beauty & The Beast" with her godmother Christy. Randy and I took the girl's to the Cyclone's opening home game at US Bank Arena. Not only did they win 3-1 over the Wheeling Nailers, but there were several good fights.




 

Halloween is almost here!!! In preparation for this spooky night of trick-or-treating and ghoulish fun, we carved our three pumpkins this morning. Kimberly chose a skeleton, Lexus chose a cat on a fence, and Austin has a vampire pumpkin. Austin was grossed out by the pumpkin guts. He totally refused to touch them inside the pumpkin, but loved mixing them with a spoon in the garbage bowl. The new "Goop Scoops" (love the name) that came with our patterns this year worked wonders. As always, we rely on Randy to carve our pumpkins and make them look spooktackular! They made our house look frightfully haunting tonight!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, those look great. Glad you had some time to relax and get ready for the busy week ahead!