Kimberly had her first field trip of the year to Sunrock Farm today. I was able to chaperone and photograph every moment of it. She was soooo excited because they got to ride a school bus. Kimberly and her class were able to see many farm animals up close and personal (pigs, chickens, goats, bunny). They had the opportunity to milk a goat, but Kimberly declined. When asked why this was her explanation "I don't want to touch THAT! That's where it pees!" (meaning the goat's udder) She did find it fun to feed the goats and cuddle three baby chicks. Farmer Mike was our tour guide. We took a hayride to the pumpkin patch, where each child was able to pick out a baby pumpkin to take home. We were fourtunate, it only rained a small bit at the end of the field trip.
Earlier today, Dad had his knee replaced and everything went great! His surgery took about 2 hours. He came through recovery fine and was moved into a private room to get some much needed rest. They will start exercising his knee tomorrow morning. Hopefully, he will be home in a two days, three days tops depending on how well his progress is. Any visitors are welcome to come see him once he is settled in at home.

2 comments:
I can imagine Kimberly's giggle in all those photos. I would not want to "touch that" either.
Kimberly is hilarious! I agree - I don't want to think about where my milk was before the plastic jug at Kroger :)
Glad your dad is doing well. Give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Post a Comment