Friday, January 1, 2010

Bye Bye Baby Bed (say that 5x fast!)

Our baby boy has officially moved out of his crib and into a big boy bed L It makes me sad to think my last baby is another step closer to growing up. Austin relished the opportunity to use tools with Daddy, his favorite activity! I may be a tad bias here, but doesn't he look adorable in his bed!!!




It wasn't the smoothest transition; the first night he got out of bed at least 20x (no exaggeration). But that was on Tuesday and he is down to only getting out a few times now. We had to rearrange his room to accommodate the big bed and the train table. I personally think it gives the illusion of a bigger/wider room. We had to remove a dresser and the rocker (not that I have rocked him to sleep in the last year) and rely on his closet more for clothes storage. He has quickly learned the time old tradition of jumping on his big boy bed. I believe, thanks to his 2 older sisters, but then what are older sisters for, right!


2009 was a good year for our family and we look forward to having a FABULOUS year in 2010! The girls and I stayed up to ring in the New Year and quietly celebrate since both Randy and Austin were sleeping. Tonight, we are having dinner at my parents and then the kids are spending the night = date night for Randy and I!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Austin's room looks so cute. He's such a big boy!!! Have fun on your date night. I'm not really looking forward to seeing Avatar, but Scott has done some super sweet things for me lately that I thought I would just grin and bear it. See you in little while.