Monday, November 1, 2010

BOO! From Us To You!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! We hope everyone had a spooky and fun time time yesterday trick-or-treating. All three kids were dying to put costumes on all morning. If I do say so myself; they were the cutest 2 queens and cowboy out there yesterday!

Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile (a.k.a. Kimberly)

Queen of Hearts (a.k.a. Lexus)

Sheriff Woody (a.k.a. Austin)


What a GREAT Halloween; it was so much fun to watch each of our kids enjoy trick-or-treating. Kimberly was constantly racing ahead of everyone with Grandma Grothaus trying to get as much candy as she could in 2 hrs. Austin was just thrilled to go trick-or-treating. At each house, he would cheerfully say "Trick-or-Treat, Happy Halloween, and Thank You". He treated each new piece of candy as if it was the best piece in the world and carefully put it in his pumpkin bag. Lexus made us proud by hanging out with her little brother; helping him at each house. She is really growing up. Can't believe she won't be trick-or-treating in a few years.

Here is a photo of all the neighborhood kids dressed up!


I have been dying to eat something pumpkin, so yesterday I made punpkin bars with cream cheese icing...YUM! YUM! I am on a cooking kick. I made a pork roast and vegetable soup Saturday, pumpkin bars on Sunday, and making chili and chicken taco soup today. I so badly want to make pumpkin bread, but guess I will wait till the pumpkin bars are gone (which might not be that long!) Just noticed I am making lots of soups, but that is what I crave when the cold weather sets in...a nice bowl of hot soup.

Randy and the girls spent countless hours of fun playing Triopoly this weekend.

1 comment:

Abby said...

You all are such a fun family! Your kiddos are very lucky :)

I haven't heard from Heather, but heard (from Renee) that she's teaching at a private school somewhere??? Don't quote me on that, though!

Thanks for the darling Halloween card! You are too much!

Maybe we can all try to get together over the holidays - our lives are just now settling down. Thank goodness for that!

Talk to you soon and Happy {late} Halloween!!!!