
Lexus has been studying the Peer Gyant Suites in Music and had to create a diorama of one of the main scenes. She chose to recreate "Anitra's Dance". I think she did a beautiful job on her project (Kimberly and I did help, but only a little). By the way...Kimberly would like everyone to know that it is her pink Polly Pocket horse in the scene (her contribution).

The Kindergarten Circus was Thursday and boy where things a little crazy! We gave 2 performances - one for school and the night time performance. I was so proud of my kindergartners, they really worked hard and each one was a STAR! Below are pics of me as a clown and Lexus's face painted to pass out programs. Doesn't she look beautiful!!!


So, today is a little bittersweet for me...it was my last day in Kindergarten. I have been subbing at Moyer for the last six months and it has really started to feel like home. I am not sure how many people ever really have this moment, but during my subs at Moyer, esp. in Kindergarten I felt so blessed to have found a profession I truly love! Believe me when I say I have had my fair share of crappy jobs and jobs I have absolutely outright hated. For the last six months, I have woken up every morning itching to get to school and teach, spent every free moment thinking/researching creative lesson plans to implement in the classroom, worked with the most amazing and talented assistant (Ms. Shonda) and spent time with the most memorable kids who truly made my sub experiences out of this world. Below is one of the hallway displays I created when we were learning short O. It is going to feel so strange on Monday to drop Lexus off at school and not go in with her. So...the job hunt begins!

Here is a pic of some bunnies Mom and Kimberly made...they are too cute! Kimberly just loves all the crafts she gets to create with Grandma.

Here are the Thank You cards I made for everyone at Moyer, I think they look so sophisticated. I just love the swirls and the butterfly.


Tonight, Randy had to work on his truck with Matt, so we spent a fun evening playing with their cousins - Natalie, Paige, Nicole & Maggie. Aunt Ann planned a sweet treat/activity of decorating cupcakes for all the girls. Don't they all look like they had a great, chocolatey time.


Even Austin got in on the action by eating all the leftover sprinkles in Lexus' bowl and eating some chocolate icing off a spoon.

These are the kind of moments that just melt my heart...seeing Lexus read to Kimberly at bedtime!


1 comment:
Boy you had a busy week. I just know everything will work out on the teaching front, it was meant to be. Love Lexus' face paint. Did you do it? Also, I really like you cards. I love white ink on bright paper. I'll see you tomorrow!!!
Post a Comment