Oh! How I love a good date night with my hubby! My awesome parents took all the grandkids to a movie and then to their house to spend the night on Thursday. Randy and I found ourselves faced with a hard question…What to do? It's been forever since we had a date night. We tried out the new restaurant in town Pergola and we were not disappointed…so yummy! We went to the movies to see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen; again not disappointed. We rounded out our evening at the Pub hanging out with my sister Steph and her out of town friend Doug. It was Karaoke Night, so we had a ball watching all the drunk people sing off key, busting a move, and looking totally ridiculous! We stayed out till two in the morning…crazy! I can't remember the last time I was up that late and I wasn't soothing Austin back to sleep.
We were so happy to pick up the kids and hear about all the fun they had with Grandpa and Grandma Grothaus and their cousins, Halle and Colin. We bought Kimberly some new training wheels for her bigger bike. What a difference they made, she is much more confident now. Randy took the kids on a bike ride and Kimberly didn't complain once…this is a milestone to celebrate! The chicks are still growing like weeds, thank goodness you can get 10 lbs. of feed for around $3.00 and it lasts forever. The girls were digging for worms and rolly pollies to feed the chicks. They must be a delicacy for the chicks; they ate 10 worms and 35 pill bugs in like 2.3 seconds.
I know everyone loves a good yard sale, come on who doesn't! We had some good finds this morning. I got several Beverly Cleary and Magic Tree House books for five cents each! An apple corer/peeler for $5.00, going to need this in the fall for our Ossege apple pie making day! I just love this day, we makes apples pies to devour all year long. I got a HMS sweatshirt for fifty cents to put away for Lexus and a Baby Bjorn for $3.00. It is in mint condition, we plan to sell it to Once upon a Child and make a profit. They obviously didn't know what they had, these things are so expensive ($80 and up). We paid $35 for the used one we used on our trip to Mammoth Cave for Austin and that one wasn't in as good of condition. I plan to sell back that one too.

No comments:
Post a Comment