Monday, August 17, 2009

Partied Out!!!

We celebrated several birthdays this weekend! Saturday, we had the Fall Ossege B-day Party where we celebrated Lexus & Kimberly's birthdays and several of their cousins. It was a beautiful day to swim in the pool, too bad the rest of the summer wasn't that way. They received so many wonderful gifts, esp. Kimberly who got a framed picture of herself in a field from my sil Ann's family. It's just such a sweet pic of her!






 

Sunday, we threw a surprise 80th birthday party for my Grandma Grothaus. It was another gorgeous day to be with family and take a dip in the pool. I was so proud of my niece Halle and my nephew Colin, both who just learned to swim this summer. I made the cake for the party which had a frog on it (Grandma used to collect them).







 

Today, the kids spent the last day of summer at Grandma Grothaus' swimming in the pool, painting pictures, and lots of fun. I also got a treat today…grocery shopping by myself…pure heaven! Back packs are full, clothes laid out, camera ready for the first day of school tomorrow! Randy asked if I was going to cry tomorrow, I told him I can't guarantee that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to agree, grocery shopping by yourself is heaven. I'll have a little slice of that tomorrow. Glad you included a picture of the cake. I didn't get to see it before it was all cut up. Super cute; you always do a great job. All your pics are great, I love to see them all!

Anonymous said...

How come there is no pictures of your handsome husband in the weekend pictures?

The Mullens said...

The cake looks really cute! Looks like everyone had a great weekend. We spent ours with birthday parties and pools as well :-)