Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter Wonderland Weekend

Lexus started off the weekend right by scoring a goal in her soccer game! Kimberly played her heart out in her game Saturday morning. Family traditions are the most wonderful things. We spent Saturday enjoying some of our favorite Christmas traditions. We visited the trains at 4th & Main; all three kids loved every inch of the display. They were amazed when I told them Granpa Grothaus and I used to work in that building. While the kids enjoyed the new candy bars they handed out; I was a little sad to learn they were no longer handing out the traditional cookies. I used to grab twoor more of those a day when I worked down there - (once one my way out to lunch and on the way back to work).


Austin was in love with the trolleys; kept calling them trains. It was pretty neat riding it over to Fountain Square and much warmer than walking.


Not sure if there was a Santa convention going on, but it was fun to see them walking all over downtown. One santa even pulled presents out of his sack and gave one to each kid...so sweet!
Another part of our traditional Christmas trip downtown is a to visit Murray Bros. Old Fashion Candy Store. We let each of the kids fill up a bag of candy. Such a neat store to visit anytime of year and good place to check if you are looking for older or hard to find candies.

The girls and I glided around the ice rink on Fountain Square. Kimberly was a quick learner and only fell down a handfull of times. I could tell Lexus remembered how to do it from last year.


While I baked the cut-out sugar cookies; Rnady and the girls did some last minute Christmas shopping. When they got home, the girls and I decorated them. I always LOVE watching the girls decorate the cookies. They always put so much thought and creativity is put into each cookie. Sometimes it is hard to eat their little masterpieces. Some of my favorite Christmas memories are baking and decorating cookies with Mom and Steph.


Sunday, we ventured out into the new snow to go sled riding. Austin and I got a face full of snow our first trip down the hill. I give them credit; they were little troopers walking up that big hill time and time again. Each had fun making their own snow angel too.






No comments: