Saturday, September 13, 2008

Austin's First Tooth!

Thursday night, Austin's first tooth started to come in! He had been really tired and would only take bottles, no baby food for the last week. Then he started waking up several times a night, which was very unlike him. You can't really see it yet, but you can feel the top of it peeking through his gums. This makes me very sad because it means the end of the "gummy smile" and it is just another sign my precious baby boy is growing up :( So, we have stocked up on the Infant's dye-free Tylenol and Baby Oral Gel to make this transition as pain free as possible for Austin. Don't you just love the pic of him surfing the Internet on my laptop. He is a button pusher! He loves to hit the keys on the keyboard and push all the buttons on the TV, VCR, DVD, Wii, etc...

Randy went out of town to New York on Friday, so the girls and I had our own little "craft night". It was so cute! I was sitting at the table working on some Halloween cards and the girls were stationed at the other end making various cards for friends and family. They love using all the extra stickers/paper/etc.. I give them from my supplies. I thought it was only fair to showcase their cards on the blog, like I do with mine. Creating crafts with my girls was one of the best Friday nights I've had in a long time.



We have already started recieving the Halloween costume catalogs and this month's Paper Crafts Magazine showcased Halloween cards as well. All this jump started me into a creative mode to create Halloween cards for the upcoming holiday. I have created several different designs and used other colors than the traditional: black, orange, & white. I am also on an embossing kick with these cards (that's where it creates a raised impression). But, I am most proud of the witch card I designed, I think it's pretty darn cute! It includes several different elements and techniques. Yet, even as I create Halloween cards, my mind is already thinking about Thanksgiving. Now, this will shock a lot of people (because I usually have them made, addressed and sealed by August), but I haven't even thought about what our Christmas cards will look like. I am hoping to use the Sissix Christmas dies I got last year. They are a stocking, christmas ornament and christmas light bulb.






Saturday, Lexus' soccer team won their first game of the season! Yea!! Tomorrow, Randy comes home from New York and Dad & Mom come home from their cruise through Europe. We can't wait to see all their pics and hear about all the amazing places they saw. We will also be watching the Bengals game at our neighbors house. Please pray that they win, one of my fantasy football teams depends on it.


Photobucket,

No comments: