Sunday, May 31, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend!

Where, Oh! Where, has my weekend gone? Friday night, the kids spent the night at my parents while Randy and I attended the wedding of his co-worker Dan. It was a nice wedding and fun reception (open bar and dancing). I just love date nights with my husband! I am sporting a new haircut, I had 8 inches cut off. It's like a bob, but I flip the curls out instead of under.

Saturday was spent mostly at my parents fishing and waiting for Austin to wake up from his nap. Lexus caught a frog with her fishing pole. Kimberly and my dad each caught a fish. The Detroit Red Wings WON game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals against the Pittsburgh Penguins. They beat them 3-1.

Today, we spent the afternoon at the Natural History Museum. The kids just loved exploring the cave. Wow, how the cave brings back memories. I still remembering going through the cave at the old museum location as a kid. I am so glad they kept it. It's just the coolest experience, esp. when you are little. It seems so real! The Preschool sandbox was a big hit with Austin. It combined his two favorite things...trucks and sand!








Egg Updates:
8th Day - Brains are settled in the head completely. The neck becomes longer, and the bill develops remarkably; and the wings and limbs are separated.

10th Day - Wings and limbs are separated completely and toes form. Egg tooth begins to occur and feathers start to grow.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Abby said...

So many things in this post I can relate to...

a) I was at a wedding last night at Union Terminal!
b) Gooooooo, Wings! Watching them WIN right now!
c)Becks loves to dig in the dirt too! Though he favors the mulch...
d) I learned about an egg tooth just this year. Turtles have them too!

PUH-LEASE post a pic of your new hair!!!!