Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Break 2

We had a fantastic fall break! I forgot to mention in the last post that I started out my fall break with a trip to the dentist to fill a major cavity...not exactly the realxing, fun day I had planned. But, then Austin had to go and one up me and climb out of his crib and hit his head on the stool causing a humongous goose egg in the middle of his forehead! So, we took a trip to Dr. Pappas and Children's for x-rays and we are so thankful that everything turned out fine. He just has a small bump and bruise on his forehead. In fact. by the time we got home from the x-rays, he was acting like it never happened...it's so amazing how resilent babies are! His mother on the other hand, was still calming her nerves. I swear everyone says boys are easier to raise, but I don't believe them. Austin has me more worried and busy than the girls ever did. Friday night, Dad, Mom, Steph and I attended Cirque Du Soleil - Saltimbanco at the new NKU Bank of Kenutcky Arena. What a show!!! It was so colorful and entertaining; I loved it! Saturday, Randy took the kids on a picnic lunch at the park while I enjoyed a day of shopping with the in-laws (annual girls day out). Saturday night, we bought our Halloween pumpkins. I'll post pics next weekend when we carve them. No soccer game for Lexus this week, game cancelled by other team: not enough players (guess everyone was out of town). Sunday, Randy built Chickie Wickie (yep, she's still here) a chicken coop for under the deck. The girls helped Randy build it and I painted the front to give it some character. Lexus and Kimberly also painted some other pics on wood and canvas - pretty creative little girls if I say so myself! Lexus did the rainbow and window, while Kimberly did the flower/bee pic and the face painting.









Photobucket

1 comment:

Abby said...

I cannot believe you are raising a chicken! Hilarious! Love the house. You're like the most creative family I know!